Thursday, August 29, 2013

On To The Next Step

Half The Girl

I am not screaming about garcinia cambogia, raspberry extract, cayenne pepper, and whatever else was in that "diet helper. I changed most of my meals to whole foods, and took the vitamins and helper for about 2 weeks. Did I lose weight? NOPE! I gained 4 pounds!

I was so devastated, I went out and bought my favorite cake! I then took another week off to rethink another plan. The answer is there for me, I know it is!

About 13 years ago, I trialed "The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet." It is more than a diet, it is a management program. During the two weeks that I trialed this new way of eating, I believe I lost about 11 pounds. It was the only diet that I lost so fast that my stretch marks lit up, and I could see the difference.

You probably want to know why I stopped?? Another book! I was introduced to the "Protein Plan,"
in which I jumped to with vigor. I lost the most with this, but not the inches. I also went through ketosis which is very hard on your kidneys. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY DIET THAT SENDS YOUR BODY THROUGH TRAUMA!

So, here I go again. I am still taking the multivitamins, because I know that I need the extra iron, calcium, vitamin D. While you are in the first phases of the health plan, you are supposed to weigh everyday. I guess I'm buying a scale! Some people even measure everyday, that's too much for me.
I'll just be happy seeing the pants size go down, my back and knees not hurting so much, and the scale telling me that I finally found the answer.

Are you a carbohydrate addict? There's a test to see how bad you are:
Carb Addicts Quiz

I rate severe.

I just received my book in the mail today. Frugal is me, I bought it off of Amazon for just a penny! After shipping it was a whole $4. I'll be catching up and preparing today for the ride. I'm going to post my stats and we'll begin this journey.

HUGZZ

***************************************************************************

Since technically I begin another journey (hopefully for keeps this time) today I will go ahead and post my stats and consumption.

I stepped on the scale today at a gross 323.0 pounds. That is another 5 pounds in the last two weeks.

My consumption today includes:
Complimentary Meal
4 liters of water
1 can spinach
2 scrambled eggs with cheese

Reward Meal
Garden salad with ranch and croutons
Double pretzel burger from Wendy's
Half of my fries
A Kit Kat
Sweet tea

I only had 1 complimentary meal today, because I started so late. I didn't want to waste one more day, so I held off until I could reread and adjust. I also didn't want to put my meals so close together.
My plan for tomorrow is to eat by 9am, lunch by 1pm, dinner by 6pm.

I also want to test this plan to the fullest extent for my readers. The book says whatever, how much ever, that you want for your reward meal. No limits. Just make sure you start with at least 2 cups of salad, and eat within 60 minutes. I'll weigh in again in the morning, and keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment