Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Change For The Better

Riots For Justice
The internet is flooded with the riots stirred by the Zimmerman trials. I lose more confidence in our popcorn society everyday. Rally, voice your opinion, but don't prove yourself to be reckless, crazy people. Florida waiters were stiffed specifically because they were white, a white man beat by several teens because he was white, a grandmother trying to get her sick grandchild to the hospital was refused by protesters on the highway...because they were white. 

Racism. A story that is so over played!  It is so sad that it seems to always resort to this. To those who don't know the facts and want to keep bringing them up: Black people in Africa sold other black people into slavery, at a time in the world when slavery was common, prevalent, and acceptable. Slaves were not just Africans...it was EVERYWHERE, and anyone without a distinguished name, without parents, or on the wrong side of a war could be enslaved.

I am not condoning slavery, nor am I a racially biased person. I am just saying, get the story straight, rise up out of the ashes and move on.  Take your anger and do something positive with it. Be the bigger person, extend the olive branch. I know that my words will either fall on deaf ears, or someone will read this and become angry, but I stand with my words. 

Our Week At The Beach
Town Fair at Town Center:

Location: Town Center222 Central Park AveVirginia Beach, VA

Local artists, good eats, and a desirable atmosphere.  Saturday July 20th from 3 pm til 6.


Ynot Wednesday:
Location: Sandler Center Outdoor Plaza
201 Market St  Virginia Beach, VA 23462

This week Snackbar Jones will be playing. This band is known to play a variety of genres including but not limited to 80's, 90's,classic rock, disco, and oldies! There is to be lots of yummys for purchase, games and more! 
Wednesday, July 24th from 5 pm til 9

Half The Girl
Yesterday the family and I went to the beach. My overall bad health was VERY apparent as I hauled my big butt down the sand towards the water. I love the beach and for it to take so much effort was embarrassing. I huffed and puffed. My chest was tight and I had sweat pouring down my face.

I wasn't so worried about how I looked, I was devastated with my overall condition. The worst part was leaving the beach. I felt like "The Little Train That Could!" It didn't stop there, when I woke up this morning I felt like I'd been in a car wreck.

This tyranny of slow suicide ends today! I have a vapor cigarette, but I'm choosing to stop without it. Solely because I want no crutch except J'sus. I am giving it to him. All of it. I do have some anxiety medicine, to help preserve my family. So starting tonight when I lay my head down, I will lay it all down. 

I'm not a morning eater, and I have been told by many people this is bad. I still couldn't force myself to eat but I did drink two big glasses of water.

New Guidelines For A Better Me:
*Yogurt and fruit for the next few days
*Drink water like it's my job

I would love to juice, but I just can not afford it!

We are going back to the beach Saturday. I don't have hopes that it's going to be much better, but I will not stop! I'm hoping that more activity will help with the stress of not having a crutch.
Zechariah 4:6... It's not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit says the L'rd

I hope that everyone that reads today not only finds themselves blessed but enlighten and encouraged.
Hugzz

No comments:

Post a Comment