Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Day After



It's a day after the Zimmerman trials, and I am relieved it is over. Already I am seeing a decrease in Facebook post, and starting to see other news that otherwise would have been ignored. I am Switzerland when it comes to this trial. I see both sides, both in the wrong, both in the right. I have neglected to comment on any part of it until now., and in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I got to say 'bout that."





Last month I married a wonderfully imperfect guy, which is wonderfully perfect for me. Our wedding was small, but meaningful. I teared up during our vows, but the gut wrenching moment of seeing how big I was in the pictures is haunting me. I had vowed to lose half of me by our 1st anniversary. So every blog will have a section called "Half The Girl," as I endure trying to quit smoking and lose half of my body mass.

Throughout my life I have had mostly some kind of customer service job. I have a little peeve about getting your money's worth. I am a very frugal person. I would rather keep the $20 in my pocket, and find something in the fridge. I love to have my nails done and pretty, but will settle for painting/filing my own. In the inspiration of knowing I could help someone make good choices, that make them a satisfied customer I will have a section call "The Good, The OK's, and The Stay Aways"

The Good, The OK's, and The Stay Aways
OK: First on that list is Brookstone in Lynnhaven Mall. As soon as I laid eye on the chair, I had to try. I plopped myself down and and began the process. A few seconds later the sales attendant, Jason, was there by me. I would have to say that I would have preferred to be greeted and then had time to assess the product.  The whole time I was there, Jason was hovering by me, while at least 10 other customers came and left the store, unassisted.
The possible "holy chair" that I was sitting in, because if I'd  had the chance to relax, it probably would've sent me straight to heaven comes with a price tag. It's steep, and I will probably never own it or the likes. The OSIM uastro 2 can be yours for a meager $3,299.00, almost the cost of a soul. I paid less for the last 7 vehicles I bought, which by the way is all I've ever owned!
Stay Away: Pizza Express
5004 Ferrell Pkwy #102
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
Buyer beware. I felt robbed after ordering delivery from here. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get to us, the food was not even appetizing in appearance and even worse going down! I called to appropriately offer my opinion (appropriately=nicely) and was merely brushed off as if to say "No worries mate, we have your money." The chicken tenders were ridiculously dry and small, nothing like their online menu. My son ordered a double bacon cheeseburger sub. The meat was not even in patties, it just fell apart when you picked it up! The taste was good though, I will give them that! Then I ordered a Carolina Pulled Pork Sub with coleslaw. My sub meat looked like it came out of a prepackaged item from the grocery store, not homemade as they boast in their menu. Overall disappointment and I immediately missed the $40 that  it cost!

I have many ideas for this blog like local artist tributes and maybe some poetry contests. We'll see how far we can get this! It has only just begun, and everything takes time.
Hugzz, to all who have read! Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment