Friday, July 19, 2013

Justice Is More Than Blind, It's Deaf And Dumb Too



A woman defending herself from being beat, 9 days after having a premature baby, uses her legal gun to fire a warning shot. She is given a 20 years sentence. I guess the only warning shot that works, is one to the head. She would've gotten less time for that!

Please take a moment to sign her petition for release. It only takes a moment. Let Marissa Alexander get back to her babies!




The Good, The OK's, And The STAY AWAYS!
Get by with a little help from a friend! If you are not sure where to go, and not to go, while you are here with us in Virginia Beach, here's a my recommendations

Good:
Tautogs and Doc Taylors 23rd and Pacific Ave at the ocean front. Doc Taylors is open for breakfast and won't leave you penniless. A casual atmosphere makes shorts and sandles acceptable. My personal favorite is the "Heart Attack" with the flat iron steak. But coming in second, which will probably be my new order since I'm sticking to a lighter diet, will be the Parmesan Tomatoes and Grits (ala carte)!

 Tautogs (sister restaurant to Doc Taylor's), is open for dinner, they are family friendly, but are a little pricey. I myself have never eaten there, though I hear a lot of good things about them from the locals!

To find out more about this restaurant, or to make reservations visit their website @ http://www.tautogs.com/ .

The STAY AWAYS!
Fish Bones, not to be confused with Bonefish! Location: 1211 Atlantic Ave. Virginia Beach, Virginia. This place is a tourist trap. I haven't been able to find a website for them, but you'll find their little fliers in all the hotels. Unless you are drunk and can't really taste the food, don't go here! Here's a review I wrote on Trip Advisor last month, while on my honeymoon.

“Not Worth The Money!”

2 of 5 stars
Reviewed June 12, 2013
Not worth the money!! I'm not one who usually complains but in the price vs. quality and competence, I give this place a 2 star rating. The crab legs were very salty (with no other signs of seasoning), a sign that the water had not been changed in a while. Tuna salad in the sushimi...I can't even explain that. If you like sweet tea, which is a common must-have in the restaurant industry....sorry they don't have it! Don't believe the hostess in the front, either she doesn't know what's going on or she likes to lie to people. You can not have lobster and buffet, even if you are willing to pay extra for it (Oh unless you have a mysterious coupon, in which you get a FREE Lobster tail). The desert choices are a joke, all while you sweat because it feels as though you are in a sauna. I'm already missing the 75 buckeroos that my husband paid for that hypocrisy. BAH!!
As you can tell, I was a little more than upset and disappointed, I would take a lot of caution before spending your hard earned bones at Fish Bones!

Half The Girl
I'm telling you the world is full of sabotage and trickery. I was doing very well yesterday. Didn't feel as I was starving, food really wasn't on my mind. I had resolved to eat yogurt, fruit, and vegetables. Dad comes in from Maryland, and before you know it we're off to Cheeseburger In Paradise! 

Not today my friends! I am going to hold my resolve with food. As for smoking, I'm starting to waver. It has been about 8 hours since my last cigarette. I can feel the cravings in my teeth. Within the hour, I will be gritting my teeth and feeling like my skin is crawling. I really feel like NEWPORT's bitch. 

As soon as it is light outside I will take a walk. No matter how short or long, I'm getting off this couch and out of this house today, for no reason except change! I can do all things through Chr'st, who strengths me!

Enjoy your day today, live like it was your last! Only take time for the important stuff, the rest isn't worth it!
HUGZZ





No comments:

Post a Comment