Friday, July 19, 2013

Finding Hope







Today I took some of our kids to visit Hope For Life Rescue, Inc. We've had a hole in our hearts since our Duke had to be put down last month, so we're keeping our eyes out for the perfect companion. Finding the right one is so important, since there are so many of us!  A few months ago I was sent to Hope, because I was interested in getting a feline friend.

On my first visit I fell in love with a handsome gentleman named Smokey. After leaving, I found myself going back to my phone to look at a picture of him. Within 48 hours I went back to get him. We renamed him Mr. O'Mally from my son's favorite move The Aristocats, and he has proven himself to be a keeper!

I took pictures today of some of their candidates, and got to know them a little. Wouldn't it be neat if one of my readers found their long lost soul mate here!
Rocky is a larger Chihuahua. He is very loving, and seemed to be happy with my kids. Probably older children would be best. He has so much personality, and is very vocal with his grunts and growls for attention. 


 Wesley is an older Dachshund. He'd prefer a quiet environment, with humans that are calm and like to cuddle!


These two are a bundle of fun and they need to be homed together. They both are about a year old. They love each other and love to play! 


This guy is lover! He was an alley cat, but he is so very loving. He's funny too, when he's getting a good petting he sticks out his tongue! 

Among my obvious favorites, they have lots of kittens!





Hope For Life is a no-kill shelter. All the animals are free fed, and seem to be happy, most of the time, to co-exist outside of their rooms. They get fixed, vaccinated, or if need be they even pay for surgeries and heart worm treatments!

Of course ALL of this cost money, and they could always use your help! If you are looking for a new friend, would like to volunteer, or contribute with donations, you can contact them by:

Phone: (757) 491-4609
Email: hopeforliferescue@gmail.com
Website: http://www.hopeforliferescue.com
You can also find them on Facebook, just click the link... Hope For Life Rescue, INC

Or just stop by and see for yourself!

  • 610 Jack Rabbit Road, Suite #1
  • Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

Hours
Mon12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Tue12:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Wed - Thu12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Fri12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Sat1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sun2:00 pm - 5:00 pm


HUGZZ!!



No comments:

Post a Comment