Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Simple Life Of The Extraordinary

Good morning! I've been aching to write for days, but the time just hasn't been
available. From waking to sleep it's been one thing to the next. Life happens I
guess and how can you complain when life is just blessed?

This past weekend started off with Valentine's day and hubby had prepared
ahead of time, two separate deliveries to arrive on that day. Unfortunately, the
delivery system failed us and the company. The flowers could never possibly
look like the picture and they came a day late. The chocolate covered
strawberries were almost mush by the time they came, 3 days later!

In hindsight, I think my man will be shopping for my "lovelies" at Farm Fresh from
now on. We also went to a movie, which I think I mentioned in my last blog.
What was my gift to him?! A motorcycle.

I am NOT trying to get rid of him, I want him to have passion about his life. It is
dangerous toy, but I fully believe that G'd will not take us one second before or
after He plans.

When he told me that his previous wife had made him sell his last one for fear, I
was deeply effected, and resolved not to stunt him. When you marry someone it
is for all of them. Every passion, every glitch. You can not fix or restrain a man.
It will only make him bitter. It is not us that changes a man, it is the H'ly Spirit.

He doesn't need your help, he also doesn't need you to counsel. He is more than
sufficient in all His ways, to accomplish what needs to be done.

                                                     Uncle Robbie showing his true colors!

On Saturday we celebrated my Uncle Robbie's birthday. He is probably my closest
living relative. My mother and father are alive, but we are estranged because their
lives and attitudes poison my life. It is a sad thing and I often yearn for a close relation-
ship with them. Thankfully G'd daily reaches out to me and surrounds me with love,
blessings, and teaches me. Where my parents have failed, He guides. Awesomeness!

Sunday was the picture of that exactly. Two of my children were baptized. As I am
worshiping, I had this revelation that no matter life nor death...a definite 3 out of  7 will
spend eternity with me, and the possibility of spending eternity with my grandchildren
(though they are only a figment of the future) has great increased.

After church we had a quick brunch and headed out to Winter Jam 2014. Awesome
time, that could have been better had I not been vapor locked into my seat! All in all a
great weekend!

Yesterday my oldest, China, and I took a trip to the Army recruiter, to plan a career
path. She has spoken about joining the service for a few years now, and it makes me
so proud. I understand that at 17 years she is aching to get out into that world, but I'm
not sure that signing up for the Reserves right now is the best decision. I would prefer
her to be active duty next year so that she has housing as she continues her education.

The good thing is she will most likely not be called out until after she is 21 with her
Bachelors degree, and when she is she will most likely be an officer. So many choices!

Half The Girl

I still have not weighed since last week. I started to this morning, but was afraid the
number may hinder the rest of my day. The past two days I have done exceptionally
well, except for only eating once yesterday. I was so tired by the time dinner was ready
I just wanted to pass out.

I feel good though! Lots of energy and getting more accomplished.

Hope your day is awesome!!



No comments:

Post a Comment