Saturday, February 15, 2014

Trust and Obey



Last night we went to see Monuments Men for Valentines day. Yes, no sappy
movie for us! I'm not totally against romantic movies, this just seemed like the
best that was out right now. Plus I am a sucker for movies based on true life.

A new study shows that romantic movies can actually improve your marriage
or possibly even SAVE it! I would think that it gave us unrealistic expectations
of what love really is, and that still may be true for those who are not married.
You can read the full story at either of these links:

MSN Living

Enterprise News

So during my little hiatus, I got a little impulsive. If you're a long time reader of my
blog, you may remember a day I devoted to Hope For Life Rescue. They are a
local "No Kill" shelter who rates over the top in my book.

Hubby and I had both talked about adopting some more furries, and had decided
that a kitten was a good choice for now. I took the girls out for lunch and a trip to
the rescue. We had a kitty on hold, but there was a mix up, and while we were
waiting for her to return I got bit by the love bug for our new puppy, Hope!

                                                     Hope (7 weeks-mixed rescue)

                                                       Faith (7 weeks- mixed rescue)

I hadn't had a puppy in over 10 years, I usually adopt the unadoptable. So, I had
forgotten the trials of potty training, puddles and piles of a younger pup. But oh
they have my heart, and it only takes a purr or a puppy kiss to melt all the memories
of work away.

If you are looking for a great pet to adopt, I can't urge you enough to visit! It's better
than getting a free pup or kitty, they come vaccinated, vetted, and fixed! Plus you know
that you saved a life and supported a rescue that saves the lives of hundreds every year.

Half The Girl
I haven't weighed in the last few days, but as of earlier this week I had gained back close
to 9 pounds (293.5). It may be a lot of water weight. I haven't been good about water or
watching my salt. Yesterday, I stayed on target and have high expectations for today.

Here's my meals for yesterday:

Complimentary Meal
Baked Chicken Breast
Cabbage
Broccoli and Cauliflower
Spinach and green salad with cukes, tomato, cheddar, pepperoni, ham, steak, black olives,
and ranch

Reward Meal
2 pieces of pizza
Nachos and salsa
Mozzarella stick
Chicken wings and tenders
Onion rings
(We got a pizza at the movie and a sampler. It appears like a lot but it was really just pickin')
Ice Cream sunday
Sweet Tea

I plan on being even better today!
  

His Faithfulness
G'd has been working on me about just simply obeying him. When I hear that voice
that says do this or that, then just doing it. We recently went through a crisis where
all of our vehicles had broke down. We had 3 means of transport, and none of them
were road worthy.

When it came to titling our new truck, I was tempted to lie and say we paid less to
avoid the higher personal tax. The verse "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and 
to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him. (Mark 12:17), kept going
through my brain.

I just spoke to G'd and told him I was trusting him on this, then told the truth. It was
hard to pay the city an extra $100 willingly. I also don't know what G'd's going to
do with that obedience. Maybe nothing. But even if it is just a hurdle, I did it. I think
that blind obedience brings us to a closer walk, and just because something is hard,
doesn't mean it's not worth it.

I hope that your day is awesome and finds you well!

HUGGZZ



No comments:

Post a Comment