Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hope For Today

Most of yesterday it felt as if I had a vice on my head. The only way I could
explain it to you would be, imagine a claw machine picking a stuffed animal up
by the top of the head.

I did manage to "work" with Hope, our new puppy. After seeing how she acted
this week at the veterinarian's office, I realized what a special pup she really is.
I had already been teaching her a lot of cues and tricks, because I wanted her
to be a good, obedient pet.

In just over a month she has learned how to sit, shake, lay down, go night-night
(get in her kennel), sit pretty, talk, fetch, return, drop, come and more! If I could
just get her completely potty trained we can achieve anything!

We have another older adopted furry named Hambone, which I've mentioned
before. He is a great dog, but hard headed and strong willed. Add some hound
to that with some age, it equals hard to train. (We are still working though also-
not giving up on him)

To the point... everyone else in that waiting room had ballistic animals. Very little
training, jumping, pulling, barking, and leashed. Hope on the other hand was very
calm, attentive to my voice, minding her cues, quiet, and completely unleashed. She
being only 3 months old screams to me "SPECIAL!"

Now I have been looking into training her as a therapy dog, adding quite a list to the
things we need to learn. I have high hopes for this girl we named "Hope."


Half The Girl

I, as of yet, have not been able to stay on track. I start strong in the morning,
but by about 2 or 3 pm, I am craving carbohydrates. I have been trying to keep
a mental image of what I would like to accomplish by fall, but it is hard to see
when your body and mind is saying something different.

It is taking everything I have not to picture myself as a failure, so that I can try
again the next day. I'm not on a pitty potty, I'm not looking for sympathy. I am
just putting out there what is going on with me.

For the first couple of months I had a hard time sympathizing with everyone
else in my support group, that was having issues getting up and staying up. I
couldn't understand their weakness. I was doing it, so could they, it's such an
easy plan!

Now I'm eating those thoughts and irritation, with a big naughty dose of carbs
everyday. I haven't weighed, I don't want to know.

This is what I am going to say though. Today is a new day. If I fail today,
tomorrow will be a new day. I AM going to get there. I am NOT going to
give up!

Have an awesome day!

HUGGZ

No comments:

Post a Comment