Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stumbling Blocks And Time Suckers

Yesterday was a beautiful 70 degree day. I wanted so badly to take the
kids and dogs for a walk on the beach. Another wasted day it feels like.
I let the kids' behavior, and my addiction to Bejeweled Blitz steal it.

After that realization, I made a decision. That there would be no more FB games
except for Scrabble. Solely because though I have been a "Wordie" for most
of my life, it enriches me and doesn't consume me or a major amounts of my time
or money.

I have gotten into a habit of spending money on tokens every week to play
parties with a "Bejeweled family" I am a part of. Tsk, tsk...now not only am
I not a good steward with my time, but now I'm giving valuable money to
already billionaires!

Moderation has never been a friend to me. It's always been about all or nothing.
If I go off a little, might as well go off all the way. So look out family and world,
my time has been freed up to do some great things! I plan on consuming my time
with writing, not only stories, blogging, and an autobiography but also music.

Yesterday was the first time in years that I have written lyrics and it was the first
time ever that I wrote those lyrics to actual music. During guitar practice I was
inspired just muddle around with a melody. I didn't think it was much, but later
after dinner my daughter brought me the guitar and asked me to sing the song I
was playing earlier.

I didn't know she was even listening, and I was struck. As I played it and was talking
to her about the lyrics not being finished, my Hubby had his ear in our conversation.
After I played it through he remarks "I'm hearing a strumming pattern that goes with
that."

I have to admit my strumming is not that great. I'm probably going to be more of a
"picker." Here's the kicker though. In 10 minutes I grabbed the attention of an
audience. What could I accomplish with the loads of time NOT playing FB games?

I don't care if no one but my family hears or enjoys my writing whether it be stories,
books, or music. If I have given them something to remember me by, except for the
engraved memories of me *face glued to the computer screen*, it'll be worth it!

My interest are vast. I love upcycling, sewing, and so much more. I am merely
mediocre at any of those and have a short patience line with multiple steps to do
things the right way. Maybe I can improve in those areas also. But I love the voyage
in writing.

Today's blog was supposed to be about "marriage, divorce, and the believer." I
was going to retell a dream and the urgency I felt to "get up"  It's completely gone
into another direction. One that is probably equally important, but definitely not
planned.

I love you! Take a look at your life, if there is a stumbling block, just remove it,
life is just too short!

Half The Girl

Since today has already started on a fun sized Mounds bar with my
coffee, I doubt that I'll be getting back up on my "way of eating" today.
I'm shooting for tomorrow though, since I made it through a day without
fevers, headaches, and nausea.

HUGGZZ





No comments:

Post a Comment