Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Bargain

Good morning! I had a wonderful CAD day yesterday, and I feel so much better this
morning. I was up at a little past 5 am, make up on, devotions done, to do list almost
complete, and about to make breakfast for all the kiddos that want to join me for study
at the table this morning!

Today I may have a new one. I didn't want to do it, but I made a bargain with my
oldest son. He has been on restriction from video games because he turned a report in
4 weeks late. He is a straight A student and there was no other reason for this except
bad priorities.

I have a love hate relationship with our game systems. I love to play them myself, but it
is a time thief. It takes away valuable time that we otherwise would have. I am so
guilty of letting something go so I can get extra time to complete a mission.

In light of James being such a good student, I want to instill on him the importance of
prioritizing his life. He very well may be looking at an advanced diploma and a full ride
to a good university. I don't want video games getting in the way of that. So, I told him
I would give him an hour of play for every day he studies with us, and an hour for any
time he goes to church.

I didn't weigh myself again this morning. Actually since I have girl things going on, and I
know that's about a 5 lb jump (plus not being very good lately), it very well be something
I don't want to see at all! I'll weigh myself in a few days and will report to you the verdict.
Otherwise it is back to the basics.

His faitfulness
I am doing a devotion series called Becoming A G'dly Woman, and I am also reading
in Romans a chapter everyday. I am finding both very informative and enlightening.

I hope you have an awesome day, with the sun on your face and the wind at your back!
HUGGZZ
********************************************************
Complimentary Meal
Tuna with Kosher dill chunks and mayo

Reward Meal
(I was a pig pig)
Iced Tea
Chicken Roulade with Cream Sherry Sauce
Green beans
Brown and serve rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment