Friday, December 27, 2013

An Empty Nest

Yesterday did not go as planned. I didn't realize that there was next to nothing
for me to stay low carb defrosted. I made a breakfast casserole for Christmas,
so I didn't even have an egg or slice of bacon. Since all the kids are gone (except
for Jude) until Monday, I didn't think of pulling anything down either!

Today I have a ham steak and broccoli, but I'm going to have to be creative
until the first, when I can go grocery shopping. I think I have a bag of chicken 
quarters I can thaw, bake, and have ready. That's probably what I'll do.

Last night, we rented a movie that I have been waiting to see. "Prisoners"
proved to be a worth the watch movie. It had a ton of twists and even though
I dosed off a bit, no matter my effort to stay awake...it was action packed.
Here's a  link to the trailer. Prisoners Trailer 2013

I love spending time alone with Hubby. During the chaos of raising seven 
completely different people, sometimes it is hard to see why we are together.
Sometimes. But when we are alone, it is so easy to fall so deeply in love again.

Last night we spent quite a while playing guitar, working out chords and singing
together. I alone spent about 2 hours playing before he came home from work.
Once you start it is hard to stop. In fact I can't wait to get to it today.

I also had a short talk with him about being a G'dly wife, and what I felt like
the H'ly Spirit has been impressing on me about staying at home. He didn't
seem overly against it. I know that money always stresses him out, and rightly 
so. But I think he agreed that G'd is taking me on a path that even I didn't 
expect or desire.

Sunday I have plans with my best friend to meet her at her church and spend 
the day with her. I can't wait. She is always the person that when you leave you
feel like a better person. 

Well, my house is almost back in order from the catastrophe that it was yesterday.
Still lots of recon to do, scrubbing the bathrooms and such, but it's mostly back 
together. I will bid you an awesome day and get on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment