Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Trip To The Feeding Troth

Weight: 301.9            Total: -21.1 lbs  (I have lost more than a car tire!)

I usually stay away from buffets, but my favorite steak comes from one of the worst,
Golden Corral. Years ago, I donned it "The Feeding Troth." Where 4-500 pound people
come to shovel in plate after plate, with grease dripping from their chops, and gluttony
reigns.

I'm not picking on fat people, hell I'm fat too! I do however, even as a fat person, know
to stay away from traps like this. In full you will see how my life has changed with this
way of eating.

I ate NOTHING with more than 4 carbs per serving. I had my fill of green beans,
cabbage, buffalo wings, spinach salad with the low carb choices, steamed cauliflower,
and a plain burger no bun no sauce. I had initially went for the steak, but they didn't
have it on the lunch anymore! A grand total of 21 carbs for that meal!

The other goodies only whispered to me, and I brushed them off without a second
thought. So easy to turn away from food, when I know they make me ill, compromise
my life, and make me FAT! By "know" means, not told by someone, but can feel
the difference!

I slid in right under my sodium intake for the day, so I made it my reward meal!

I also got caught in a time warp with two old ladies named Marsha and Lois. It was
a pleasant unexpected surprise. After we had started a conversation in line, they offered
to share their coupon with us, then asked for Jude and I to sit with them.

We talked about friends we had lost, our bad food habits, and Dolly Parton. I really do
enjoy the company of older people. I grew up with my grandparents being in the Masons
and Easter Star. So all my BEST friends, were older ages of 60-90. At a very young age
I was able to carry, this what everyone says, a very intelligent conversation compared to
others my age.

By the time I was 18, all of my dearest friends were gone. Mr. and Mrs. Spain, who
would bring me fresh honey and my favorite coconut cake. I still haven't found a cake
comparable to hers!

Then my very best friend Col.Tank, who shot himself when I was about 11 because he
was stricken with cancer, and he couldn't take the pain anymore. I've prayed for him
many times throughout the years, that G'd would give him mercy, I so would love to
see him again!

I can't forget Jimmy. Blinded from a gun shot wound in World War II, he was always
so funny! Only today can I appreciate what he gave up for me to be free and what he
did to save G'd's people during that time! He would only need to hear my voice, and
would yell "Is that my favorite little girl I hear?!"



Well, I fell asleep early last night and since I had promised to do dishes, everyone
was gracious enough to leave them for me! How sweet of them! I must go clean
this atrocity.

I bid you good day and many blessings throughout your endeavors!
HUGGZZ
**************************************************************
Complimentary Meal
2 Hard boiled eggs

Reward Meal
*Golden Corral

2 cups black coffee, 1 1/2 gallons of water

No comments:

Post a Comment