Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sleep Walking

Weight: 304.8                   Total: -18.2



The weirdest thing happened last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and for some
reason thought I was late getting up, and it had eaten into my "me time." I tried to wake
my hubby who had fallen asleep on the couch again watching a movie, but he barely
moved.

I went ahead and made a cup of coffee, then tried to wake him again, "Switch." Still hardly any response. I go out to the porch and weigh myself, 306.1. Great, now it's going to be one of those days!

A third time trying to wake the man finally achieves some result. Promptly I go to
myfitnesspal.com to see how all of my "friends" have done, and realize it didn't
complete my food diary for yesterday. No matter how many times I click it, it says
the same thing. Yep, it's going to be one of those days!

I was so irritated I closed the computer, laid down on the couch and decided to sleep
until it was school time for the kids. It was only 6 am when I woke up, and I know I
slept longer than 30 minutes. Heaven knows what ungodly hour I was up last night!
When I weighed a second time it was back down to 304.2! Maybe, just maybe, it
won't be one of those days!

I think yesterday, my food was the best I've ever done! I am getting used to sodium
counts, nutritional counts, and caloric contents in food.
This IS NOT a count your calorie lifestyle! But I have noticed if I watch the calories
consumed, I am less likely to be unreasonable and more likely to have healthy moderate
meals.

I am not only a carbohydrate addict, I am a food addict. I tend to use food like I used
drugs so many years ago. So tracking my intake has given me a "don't be stupid" tool.
I do encourage you, not to take away from the life saving book the Heller's wrote, to go to myfitnesspal.com and join. Find members that encourage you daily, listen to you
whine, understand your struggles, give you advice about toning, and leave inspiring
threads with success stories.

I do believe two things. The Carbohydrate Addict's book was put down because the
people who read it, did not really read it. You can have anything you want, as long as
it's balanced. Balance is the key, and unfortunately it was completely over looked for
the excuse to be pigs. Do I eat cake? YES. Do I eat it every night? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
One can not expect to be healthy by eating unhealthy.

As the days go by I want to meet the Heller's to ask them questions, and see if I intuitively
picked this diet apart right to get to it's core. Firmly there is some correlation to preventing
the cravings and achieving a healthy caloric goal. I do it everyday with barely any effort.
Most days I even have to make myself eat, because the hunger is not there anymore.

The second, tracking your food, makes you accountable for yourself. It is very hard
to see our own miss givings, but if we take a look at them it gives us an opportunity
to change. Going blindly into a battle is not a very good decision, you are not going to
win. This weight issue we have is a battle. Not to be socially acceptable, but to extend
our lives and truly enjoy it.

I am on this journey, and yes it's long, but I will make it. However long or short my life
will be from here on out, I will enjoy it.

HUGGZZ

**********************************************************
Complimentary Meal
2 hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 Jimmy Dean Maple links

Complimentary Meal
2 cups sauteed cabbage in sesame oil (flavored with garlic and onion powder, pepper,
   and Ms. Dash original)
4 oz hamburger steak

Reward Meal
Spinach salad with tomatoes, beets, black olives-sweet vidalia dressing
1/2 Taco Bell soft taco
1 frozen burrito, beef and bean
1 Fiber One bar, chocolate peanut butter brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment